Truck Stalling Update!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 19:33:04 EST

Well I dropped my truck off at the garage this morning at 8am. Didnt hear
from them till 3pm, and the news wasnt too good. They didnt find a frigin
thing wrong with it. They guy said he analyzed it with his computer and
found not one thing bad. He said he let it run for close to an hour with it
hooked up, and even took it out for a 50 mile trip on the highway and roads
with an onboard reader hooked up and found nothing out of wack. It never
stumbled or died or acted up when he was driving it. Go figure! He checked
everything he could and he was stumped that with everything I told him the
truck was doing, nothing was coming up either with his inspection or with
the computer's diagnostic scan.

The only thing he said was that the transmission was 'stack shifting' and
that acceleration was nothing like it could/should be. He said it is
shifting into 2nd at 8mph. Not good eh! haha.
He filled the truck up with gas for me and didnt even charg me the $45 he
quoted to have it analyzed or scanned. He said bring it back in if it acts
up again. So atleast I am not out $45, but my confidence in my truck still
isnt all that great. Maybe I will try replacing the crankshaft position
sensor for $40 and see what happens.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6