Slow Daks?

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 16:20:49 EST

Are our Daks slow? Learners that is...

Without confusing me to much about computer chips, etc - can someone give me
a brief explanation of the "learning process" our trucks go through. We
talk about resetting the computer after doing some modifications and then
driving for awhile to let the computer "relearn". What is being relearned,
and why the long drive? If I do a mod to my PC, I expect that it will take
effect on the next reboot, why are auto's so different?

Just wondering, and eagerly awaiting my next chance to take my Dak to
school...
Cal