was Back from dyno, now most dependable

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 22:30:52 EST

I've owned every brand of American truck and 1 imitation American (Chev Luv by
Isuzu) and I will admit my Dodge Dakota R/T is not the fastest truck I ever
owned (a close second though) But it has been by far the most dependable! I
wont go into complete detail but 69 F100 390 cid only lasted 132k miles before
spinning insert. 80 F150 4.9 ltr lasted 49k miles before main bearing failure.
91 GMC Syclone blew 4 engines in 59k miles. 89 Shelby Dakota drove 2 years,
only replaced an alternator. 98 Dakota Sport 5.2 ltr, drove 6 months, no
problems, hit from rear and traded off. 99 Dakota R/T has 28k miles now and has
only needed a fog light switch and the regulator in the tranny to eliminate the
reverse buzz when cold. Never left me stranded EVER! So I know there are
faster trucks (that cost a lot more too) but I doubt they last as long as I plan
to make mine last. I have a customer with a 85 Ram quad cab 360 with 330k miles
now and never has any engine repairs. He has a customer with a 80 something
Cordoba 360 with over 425k now and still driven daily. TOP THAT!!!