Little update

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 00:58:52 EST

Ok people, little update here. Truck is doing ok.Took second place this
weekend at the first show of the season.I was the only Dakota there.I got my
chrome differential cover put on yesterday after waiting on it for 2
months.Replaced diff fluid at the same time(obviously) with Valvoline
synthetic grease and mopar friction modifier.I realized last night that I
have no reverse lights now. That will be looked at tomorrow at the dealer as
well as hopefully getting my driver's side lower seat cushion/cover replaced
to fix a wrinkle in the middle of the seat.Also, I asked the service writer
if my transmission would have to fall out on the ground before they would
replace it, and he told me if it was his, he'd give it absolute hell until
it blew all to pieces, then bring it in to have a new one put in.That's
exactly what he did with his! His '98 318/5-spd/3.55 reg. cab 2wd blew the
mainshft in the staging lights over at our local dragstrip. Somebody pulled
it back and they put a new one in it. He knows how I treat my truck and he
said that they must all do it, no matter how you drive 'em. He gave his
truck nothing but absolute hell and it blew at 14,xxx miles.Mine's barely
ever been gotten on and never been abused and at 10,800 miles I have to
double clutch to shift up or down without grinding. TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html