Re: cool looking 4x4 tires

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 01:09:19 EST

Mike, I've got a 2wd Dak, nut I used to be a 4x4 guy and I will just go
ahead and tell you that from everything I've seen and heard, thornbirds
suck! Oh, and they last about long enough to look cool for one weekend or
so! Really, I knew a guy who put the 31" thornbirds on his Z-71 and they
went through the rough stuff about as well as the factory all-terrains and
they lasted a grand total of 9,000 miles.After that the "claws" were
completely gone and the tread was so worn that they got squirrely in the
rain. No experience on the mickey's, so I don't know what to tell you
there.What truck are they going on? I know a 4x4 Dakota,but what
engine,gear,cab/bed? Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html