Re: Replace Timing Chain Myself???? - Help

From: loose wheels (1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 10:36:56 EST

>3. Is there a "better" quality timing chain I could get?(the last one was a
>NAPA)

Aaron,
  I would suggest a Double roller timing chain...they last longer and of course are stronger than the stock single roller...My engine builder personally prefers Cloyes brand timing chains, and I think I recall a few people doing this mod a couple of months ago...right now my engine is getting rebuilt and I am having the Cloyes Hex-adjust Timing chain set put on...it allows you to adjust the chain without changing the keys out and/or repositioning the gears...Which sounds pretty cool if you ask me. Hope this helps

Wes
91' CC 4x4 318ci

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET