RE: Oil change/Fumoto valve

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 01:22:57 EST

I don't know why you get the impression I'm not using the valve.. I _am_
using the valve! It's terrific. I used the funnel before the valve
arrived.

The fumoto site says that the adapter must be used since the plug is
recessed into the oil pan, and the valve hits the recess before it is fully
tightened. Previously I was simply stating that it was not true in my case,
I put the 106N on and it works just fine on my 00 4.7 without any adapter.

Perhaps a side effect of the adapter is that it moves the valve closer to
the hole in the skid plate, but that's definitely not why they think the 4.7
needs the adapter. I got the valve with the nipple anyhow, so I have no
issue with getting oil in the plate anymore, it's drains through a piece of
tubing...

HTH,
/Curt