Outcome of age old oil question with a few past threads thrown in.

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 15:14:03 EST

I finally got around to getting the oil changed. While everyone's input
(thanks) seemed to indicate that synthetic was the way to go, I choose to
stick with dyno-juice for this change and go to Mobil 1 at the 9000 mile
mark. I just didn't have the time or desire to change the oil myself. Next
time I'll get the oil and take it to my oil change place.

I did, however, have the desire to rotate my tires and add the Mopar mud
flaps complete with the Ram head filled in to match my truck. I will post
pictures soon (I know you all can hardly wait...)

I could kick myself. I forgot to remount the wheels so the raised copy was
all in the same position on each wheel. By the time I thought of it I
already had put one of the tires back on (and lowered the side). Hey, I'm
doing this last night out in the cold carport and while cold is a relative
term for you members in the snow-belt, I'm a wimpy native Californian and
under 40 degrees is too cold for me. I did toy with the idea of realigning
the center Ram head cap on wheels with the valve stem but thought that
would just be a little bit too juvenile. I realize not having the copy
aligned on all the wheels will effect my horsepower as well as my gas
mileage, but I'll have to live with that for the next 6000 miles.

While under the truck I noted some oil residual on the transmission and
bell housing. I cleaned it all off and will check it out at my next tank
of gas to see if I have a problem I need to have the dealer address.

The good news though is that my muffler bearings appear to be wearing
normally. Of course with muffler bearings, looks can be deceiving and only
time will tell.

In keeping with my modification policy of improving show since I can't make
it go (much faster), I also added the Dodge logo in silver vinyl to the
rear quarter windows. The silver is a dead match for the truck's paint. I'm
pleased with the results and expect the new stickers to improve my gas
mileage by .1 1885433429f not more. I will be posting pictures next week and if
anyone would like a pair (or one) of these gas improving stickers let me
know. While I can't guaranty your mileage improvement, I can say they look
nice and at the cost (at this point I'm thinking postage until work
complains) you can't complain.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA