Re: Front skid plate / hooks installation

From: DONKEYJAKE@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 15:00:11 EST

I got a 97 with towing & handling, I guess that's where my Dak got it's skid
for the
x-fer case and gas tank. All in all I am pretty well protected underneath
with the factory plates. But I did modify the front a little.
In the very front underneath from the bottom of the radiator to the front
cross member there is this plastic piece of crap, I guess just to keep large
debris out of there. Well, I took mine off and cut/bent a piece of 1/8 thick
6061 sheet aluminum in the same form as this plastic deal. And finished it
off with grade 8, 1/4-20 hardware tapped in. It's looks tough and provides
very good protection from front ground level impacts. Hope that helps ya.

JAKE