Re: Inconsistent performance revisited.....was R/T hesitation on the hig...

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 22:23:35 EST

> Well,that rules out the transmission,I
> guess.Torqueflites have always been consistent for
> me.

That's a big 10-4. There is no better trans out there,
except the 883<?>,which is the old (V)opar stick.

And we know the motors are good.I think we need to
> have another poll,like Bernd has on his website for
> pinging.

Your last poll fell flat. I think most people may
not exactly realize when the condition is occurring.

I also want to clear up for you newer model guys
that is goes beyond a tsb. I am talking about
experiencing it in the old ones too.
The pre computer ones from the 70's and
80's.

I think It may be a "stack" problem that
ultimately shows up it the valve timing.

A combination of worn or loose timing chains,
distributor <including plate and shaft>,
and mostly that funny mid shaft from the dist
to the oil pump. It all adds up.
Comments?

Find out how many people have had wide
> variations in their Daks performance,and how their
> Daks are set up.Need to see if it`s just the
> automatics also.Maybe the torque converters are
> causing it,or the computer/sensors.I really would like
> to know the exact reason.

Anyone on the list who has
> dealt with this and has eliminated the problem on
> their truck

PLEASE let us know!! Steve P. ---