Re: Inconsistent performance revisited.....was R/T hesitation on the hig...

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 20:26:58 EST

Probably the more stock a person`s Dak is,the easier
it is to tell.You can pretty much rule out mods as the
cause of your problem if all you have is a drop-in
K&N,and Autolite plugs. Also,the lower the horsepower
of the Dak,the easier it is to notice missing power.As
far as wear and tear causing it,it must happen
early.Like showroom floor early! Unless you`re
implying a design fault,which I can definitely
believe.(10,000 miles on a ball joint is just asking
for trouble!)heh heh.
--- Hemipower@aol.com wrote:

> Your last poll fell flat. I think most people may
> not exactly realize when the condition is occurring.
>
> I also want to clear up for you newer model guys
> that is goes beyond a tsb. I am talking about
> experiencing it in the old ones too.
> The pre computer ones from the 70's and
> 80's.
>
> I think It may be a "stack" problem that
> ultimately shows up it the valve timing.
>
> A combination of worn or loose timing chains,
> distributor <including plate and shaft>,
> and mostly that funny mid shaft from the dist
> to the oil pump. It all adds up.
> Comments?
>

> Find out how many people have had wide
> > variations in their Daks performance,and how
> their
> > Daks are set up.Need to see if it`s just the
> > automatics also.Maybe the torque converters are
> > causing it,or the computer/sensors.I really would
> like
> > to know the exact reason.
>

> Anyone on the list who has
> > dealt with this and has eliminated the problem on
> > their truck
>

> PLEASE let us know!! Steve P. ---
> > Hemipower@aol.com wrote:

> with
> > > the
> transmission
> > > have
> 5.9
> > > like
> Dak
> > > that
> like
> like a
> > > beast
> > > this.We
> > > I agree with you and it does not just stop with
> the
> > > 4spds. I have 80's 3spds that do the same
thing.

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.