Re: NASCAR

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 12:05:04 EST

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:57:15 -0500, ccs138@psu.edu ("Chris Spotts")
wrote:

>Ok, I'm not really a Nascar fan, but I figured I'd tune in to see some
>Dodge's taking the pole. What do you know, I turn it on, and the first
>dodge out goes to the top. Now on a different note, didn't these cars used
>to run faster, like in the 200's? This is pathetic, 180 mph around a
>circle. Give me CART or F1 anyday cause Nascar sucks. (I see some flames
>in my future)
>
>-Chris

What is your complaint here, round and round racing vs road racing or
that 180mph is too slow? CART does r&r as well as road racing and F1
cars rarely top out at more than 180, and then only for a brief time
at the end of long straights. I like CART and F1 too, but for close
competition from flag to flag , NASCAR has them both beat. There are
more lead changes in one NASCAR race than in the entire F1 season.

97 V6 Auto
e-mail mcrumley@airmail.net

"The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect
 everything, the young know everything."--Oscar Wilde