Re: V-6 MPG Tests 1 & 2

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 20:48:11 EST

Test Results, to follow up my earlier message.

Test 1 - Base vehicle. Washed Friday night and conducted this test Saturday
afternoon. Temperature was about 65.

A. 65 miles of interstate at 70 mph. Result was 19.81 mpg
B. 51 miles of State hiway at 55 mph. Result was 21.75 mpg
C. 1/4 mile times** 18.10, 18.34, 18.53

Test 2 - With soft tonneau. Tested Friday evening after the wash,
temperature was 70.

A. 65 miles of interstate at 70 mph. Result was 22.72 mpg
B. 49 miles of State hiway at 55 mph. Result was 22.02
C. 1/4 mile times** 18.00, 18.32, 17.91

It appears from my tests that the soft tonneau does contribute significantly
to mpg on the road. Add to this the utility of the soft tonneau and I
really like it. I also note that this is above the window sticker that
advised "16 city & 21 highway".

** Please read my earlier post regarding the accuracy of these times.

I hope to post some additional results next week after some additional mods.
(I hope you are listening, Tony!)
Cal Hyer