RE: Re: V-6 MPG Tests 1 & 2

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 11:40:09 EST

Hey Cal!

Last Monday I posted a similar question regarding the air pressure in the
tires. Apparently people are interested in only certain types of performance
as I haven't received any replies either.

I noticed a similar improvement with my tonneau cover (also Extang) on both
the 3.9L and 4.7L. It's the same one, I just moved it over. There have been
reports that the tonneau provides little to no improvement in mileage. All I
can say is I wish they would pay my gas bill!

The only mod's I have on the 3.9L are the double platinum version of the
3923. I'm not sure which plug to go to with the 4.7L yet. I added Mobil-1 to
the 4.7L with the tonneau and went from 16.5-19.5mpg traveling 200miles (80%
hwy @ 73mph) which I was very pleased with!

I'm going to have to conduct an experiment with the air pressure to see if
that impacts the mileage. I'm more concerned with even tire wear, but there
is no good way to check that one.

Good luck with the rest of the testing!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!