Re: Fram suregrip, No!!!!!

From: Robert D. Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 21:46:28 EST

You might hafta do what I did on the GF's Blazer. She had her last change at
one of local Valvoline quickie places & they musta hired the guy who put the
original spark plugs in the DAKSY, you know, that 900 lb. gorilla! I hadda
hammer a BIG screwdriver ALL THE WAY THRU the filter, near as I could get
to the center & as close to the block as possible. This gave me good
leverage to break the seal. I also want to mention that I have had the the
cover tear off the filter, but that actually made it easier to break the
seal. I was able to get a cold chisel on the filter inner face & carefully
hammer it loose. HTH. You didn't mention which engine you have, but i think
I could do it on the DAKSY's V6 if I had to. Somebody here on the DML posted
the inferiority of the Fram filters a while back & I guess this confirms
his post.

 Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4