Re: Torque Converter Question (got new one installed, weird stall speed)

From: loose wheels (1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 09:09:28 EST

Sorry about taking so long to answer this....I don't have a clue about the engineering/mathematical basis of the "K factor". But when I was looking for a Torque Converter, I did a lot of research on what speeds the TC's locked up at...trying not to get one that was too radical. Anyhow, Mopar Perf. uses the same "K factor" for theirs...and according to the MPP website 145K=1900-2100 rpm stall. Hope this helps.

Wes
91' CC 4x4 318

>They rate all their converters in "K Factor" or sumthin like that, she said
>mine is a 145K Factor
>What on earth does that mean??? What stall speed converter did they put in
>there?? HELP!!!
>I wanna know what to expect when I get her back :)

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET