RE: what to do after porting?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 09:52:42 EST

you should definitely get a 3angle job.. not sure how much it'd cost, mine
was free :) depending on what kind of setup you're gonna run, you may want
to consider larger valves also... may as well replace the valve seals, it's
cheap insurance, and now is the time to do it!

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-I'm kind of in the process of porting and polishing the cylinder heads
-from the '95 360 I have. Its loud and dirty work and that's why it's
-taking so long, I can't get myself to do it.
-I have the exhaust bowls left on one cylinder head yet to do. Stopped
-because my ears were ringing, hands were black, and I had a welt the
-size of a silver dollar on my leg from the stinkin' horny cartridge roll
-that thought it'd say hello, but missed, thank god.
-
-I'm going to be using the stock valves when it all gets done. Would you
-all recommend having a valve job done? How much should it cost? Should I
-go ahead and replace the valve seals, too? Anything else?
-
-TIA,
-Chris Hannon
-95 Dodge Dakota V6 3.9 (soon to be 360ized!)
-98 Honda Accord V6 3.0 (never to be ricerized!)
-
-