Re: Re: Rear end noise

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 15:20:38 EST

Ditto. I have the 3.55 with the limited slip, and I started
getting this whirring/humming noise at cruising speed. It got
worse to the point I could hear it at around 15 mph if I
listened close. Anyway, took it in and got the whole rearend
replaced at around 27K. They told me an axle bearing had
spun/come loose in the housing. I thought this was unique to my
truck, but sounds like Dodge had a number of failed rearends.
Probably should have had a recall, huh? 'Course that would cost
'em too much money, so that obviously won't happen. Bottom
line, take it to the dealer and make 'em replace your entire
rearend.

JY