Oil Consumption

From: Dirt Rider (drt-rdr@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 20:05:28 EST

Howdy folks, I'm usually a list lurker, but I'm just about to run out of the
extended warranty on my truck. In 3000 miles, she'll have 100k.
So anyway, it's a 98 4wd cc wth a 5.2 and an auto trans. I've been running
synthetic since the 6000 mile oil change and changing it between 3000 and
4000 miles. I've noticed at the 3000 mile mark, I'm about a quart low. Is
this acceptable consumption for a motor with this many miles on it. It's not
leaking out and I assume it's burning slow enough to not cause any smoke.

Thanks,
Nick