Oil change

From: Leonard Price (lprice@consultronics.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 10:03:14 EST

I own a 1998 DAK-SLT 5.2L with 55K Miles and was thinking of changing to
synthetic oil the next time I change my oil. There are many brands on the
market but I was wondering what the thought was on Mobil-1 synthetic. Also
what is the opinion on synthetic oil in the tranny. Keep in mind this
truck is babied and never sees off road use. I am interested in efficiency
and wearability. Thankyou in advance for all input.
At 08:05 AM 2/13/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey Cal!
>
>Slick 50 only has a cap-full of Teflon in it with the rest being regular
>oil. Chances are it will not blend with your standard choice of oil. If you
>are interested in using the Teflon to help with the friction, simply use a
>Fram Double-Guard oil filter. It contains no oil, but has Telfon in it. This
>way as the oil is filtered, it picks up the Telfon and delivers it to the
>engine. Do not use one of these filters but every 50,000miles! People have
>tried it and the rings on the pistons can not hold the oil back so they
>start burning oil. Their thought was if it gave me 1-1.5mpg this time, why
>stop using it? They found out. Of course you could also switch to Mobil-1
>too!

Leonard A. Price
lprice@consultronics.com
laprice@pathcom.com