Quick D - Tony (long)

From: Kevin L. Miller (kmrcdd@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 22:42:03 EST

Anyone who is interested: I sent an email to Tony late last night & He
replied back to me. I Called him this morning & we talked for over a half an
hour. Our problem has been resolved.
I posted a couple days ago that I had to take action & I did what I had to
do. I will share what I learned in our discussion.
Tony has nothing but good intentions. My order was misplaced/misfiled & he
apologized for that. Apology accepted . If I hadn't pursued this & just
waited patiently, I may have had a VERY long wait..We not only resolved our
problem, but talked trucks a while too.
 The situation with the TB's is out of Tony's hands. Due to an accident that
banged him up pretty good some time ago, he turned that part of Quick D over
to Dan. Dan is doing TB's & runs a machine shop full time. Fortunately for
Dan but bad for Tony & us is that Dan has other contracts & work besides
Quick D & in Tony's words - we have become small fish for Dan. I dont think
that Dan is ignoring our orders, just that we are somewhat less of a
priority now. I don't know what is in the future for that situation. I
believe, and I think many on the list agree with Tony, that the TB product
is one of the best on the market. That just means that we may have to accept
long waiting periods from time to time. This particular time is due to an
influx of orders, the holidays, & other circumstances.
Tony's only involvement with the TB's is taking orders thru his web site &
passing that info on to Dan. He is trying to keep in touch with Dan on the
status & such but its been tough for him. Unfortunately, He is the only
sounding board at this time to inquire about an order or anything else &
he's taking the flack for Dan's performance. I don't know if there is any
way to reach Dan directly.
Tony did admit that he has failed to keep in touch with us on our orders,
mostly due to being inundated by several hundred emails daily. Its easy
enough to reply to any email IF you can sift thru several hundred & pick out
those regarding orders. Tony told me he would try to fix this problem & he's
making some changes to his procedures to help himself and us.
BTW he did say that he replied to a couple others today who had TB's on
order . Hopefully everyone who has an order was contacted.
1. If you place an order with Tony, whether it be by snailmail, email, or
PayPal, Print a copy of the order form & snailmail it to him. He has a
foolproof method of handling those orders & in fact said that soon he would
no longer accept email or PayPal orders without a snailmail copy. Easy
Enough
(If you currently have an order with him & didn't use the snailmail form, it
would be a good Idea to send one)
2. It may be wise to include a self addressed stamped envelope with that so
all he has to do is write a quick note & drop it back in the mail to you as
he ships his orders daily.
On the Intakes:
Tony is doing these himself & is getting caught up from the backlog. He said
he was shipping several today & he has them & all the parts in stock, so for
those who are waiting, they should be on their way soon if not already.
BOTTOM LINE
I believe Tony is honestly trying to fix the problems. It may take a little
more time for the growing pains to be worked out. If you need to call him,
please use good judgement. The best time to reach him is from 1am til 4am
PACIFIC time, or 10 am til 1pm PACIFIC time. He did express regret for
posting his home #, but at the same time told me If I ever needed anything,
to call him. Again , please use your discretion.
I regret that I had to take the steps that I did, but I think that I gained
enough info from Tony to help both Us and him. I told him I would help him
in any way possible.
I apologize to the list for being impatient, I never doubted Tony's
intentions or integrity, only his business practices, & I think we moved in
a positive direction. I hope that this answers alot of questions & relieves
some tension for all involved.
Kevin
kmrcdd@swbell.net
Kevin
2000 4x4 QC 4.7L auto SLT+ 3.55 LSD Skids ,K&N, MAAP Nerfs, SS bedrails
Catch-alls, Deflectors, White/Silver 180 TS, Bosch +4 Mobil-1