Re: ATTENTION: OWNERS OF 2000 & 2001 - V6 TEST REQUIRED

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 12:31:55 EST

In a message dated 2/17/01 11:55:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
garths_talon@telus.net writes:

> First thing the engine needs to be cold. (Best time first thing in the
> morning.)
> On a flat road with few bumps, start to accelerate slowly, crossing over
> the 2400 rpm area.
> The speed (or engine rpm) should hesitate for a brief second and then
> continue to accelerate (increase in rpm) again.
> It would almost seem as if you had a miss or bad plug.
>
> Chuck Robbins
> '99 Dakota Sport
> www.intense99dak.com

I had an identical problem with my '93 360. It turned out to be the ignition
coil. It was more evident cold than warm, and it did it at about 2800 rpm on
up....regardless of throttle position. Because the computer is firing the
ignition coil and it's the coil that's not firing, the computer cannot detect
it and it doesn't throw a code. My coil was an aftermarket accel but based on
the problems you're telling me you're having it's sounds like an identical
problem. Have them swap it out with a different one or swap it out yourself
with one compatible with your truck (I'd say go to pep boys and do the
"extended rental" lol) try it out and see if it goes away.
    If that isn't it it could be indicative of a vacuum leak or a MAP sensor
problem.

Let me know how you do with it.

-Austin
Vipertruck