RE: Re: Re: Water Pump Time!

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 21:47:27 EST

that's the one kyle, make sure you lube the hose up with a lil of that PB
Blaster to help slide it back on the pump... and don't forget the O-ring on
the heater hose pipe thingy... a lil PB on it, slide it on the tube and
make sure it seats in the new pump. Chances are you will NOT be able to
reuse the old one, so make sure you've got it before you tear things apart
:)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
-In regards to the by-pass hose you are mentioning......is this the hose
-which is about 3"-4" long or so(with a molded bend in it), and
-runs from the
-manifold to the block on the front of the engine? Or is there another small
-hose, which is also called a by pass hose? When I installed new a upper
-radiator hose, lower radiator hose, Robert Shaw tstat & gasket
-about a month
-ago, I did also buy a 'by-pass hose' and installed it then also.
-Just wanted
-to double check there isnt another hose lurking and waiting to meet me in
-the morning. Well I going to go drain the radiator and remove what I can
-tonight. Tonight I am also going to put the new spark plugs in and
-the Accel
-Super Coil(which I am just going to leave off anyways till everything is
-back on tomorrow), just so I dont have to spend the entire day
-working on my
-truck. Hopefully things will go smooth and I can have it apart and back
-together within a few hours. I did help change the water pump out
-on my dads
-Taurus, and that was a huge pain. It looks nice and accessible though on my
-V6 Dak.
-Kyle
-93 Dakota 4x4 V6
-