Re: Re: Water Pump Time!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 21:21:21 EST

> I just did mine about 3 weeks ago, I would also replace the small by-pass
> hose also. It is to cheap not to, and the only way to replace it is to
pull
> the ac bracket and all that crap out of the way. since you will have to
do
> that when you replace the water pump.

Scott,
In regards to the by-pass hose you are mentioning......is this the hose
which is about 3"-4" long or so(with a molded bend in it), and runs from the
manifold to the block on the front of the engine? Or is there another small
hose, which is also called a by pass hose? When I installed new a upper
radiator hose, lower radiator hose, Robert Shaw tstat & gasket about a month
ago, I did also buy a 'by-pass hose' and installed it then also. Just wanted
to double check there isnt another hose lurking and waiting to meet me in
the morning. Well I going to go drain the radiator and remove what I can
tonight. Tonight I am also going to put the new spark plugs in and the Accel
Super Coil(which I am just going to leave off anyways till everything is
back on tomorrow), just so I dont have to spend the entire day working on my
truck. Hopefully things will go smooth and I can have it apart and back
together within a few hours. I did help change the water pump out on my dads
Taurus, and that was a huge pain. It looks nice and accessible though on my
V6 Dak.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6