RE: RE: WEIRD RPM'S WHEN STARTED HELP!!!!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 22:26:01 EST

That could very well be. You should clean the entire TB including AIS (or
AIC). Generally when I start my Dak in the morning it idles up to 1000,
then comes back to normal idle (650) pretty quick. That should be normal
kind of like the old days when the idle was up and the choke made your
mixture rich while the engine warmed up to normal operating temperature.
With the engines of today those extremes no longer have to be done to warm
up, however, you still go through a warm up phase in which the PCM even goes
through open loop to enrich the mixture, just not for as long.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD