Re: Re: Car Audio Recomendations

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 00:44:09 EST

Would you like my advice on blowing speakers too?

Okay, here's the secret NO ONE knows, so don't tell too many people about
it. all the speaker companies would get EXTREMELY angry with me if this were
to leak out on a national level.

THE SECRET TO NOT BLOWING YOUR SPEAKERS IS:
1) keep the volume moderate to what you have. When female voices sound like
male voices, it's time to admit you don't have a pair of 12s back there and
you shuold turn the volume down

2) There is a lot of distortion coming out of your head unit. If you REALLY
want to have your 6.5s just ring a bell in ur head, go buy a nice 4 channel
amp and screw the head unit's 20x4 watts @ 50% distortion. and get
something that's 25x4 (just an example) with .08% distortion. Your head
unit will love you, ur speakers will love you even more!

That's the big secret. Hope it wasn't too much for you to handle... Sorry
Kyle. (To me) blowing your speakers OVER AND OVER just seems ignorant.
Kinda like a guy coming back week after week to replace a clutch because he
isn't using it within it's limits.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 year protection plan, but if you can keep
from blowing your stuff, why not save the extra 40 bucks on the service plan
and go buy maybe a new K&N for the motor, so it doesn't get jealous with the
sound system?
-Chuong

<<Jason,
I would highly recommend the CD deck form Crutchfield, but would also highly
suggest buying the speakers from Circuit City or Best Buy. I have the
Pioneer DEH45DH CD player, which I bought from Crutchfield, and really like
it. Anything is better than the stock deck. When I bought the CD deck from
Crutchfield, I also bought Pioneer 6.5" speakers for the doors and Pioneer
5x7s for the rears. Well a mere 1 1/2 after installing everything, the CD
deck was working great, but the front door Pioneer's were blown, I mean they
were toast! Crutchfield didnt want to do anything for me, so I went to
Circuit City and bought some really nice Polk 6.5" speakers, and also bought
a warranty for 3 years which covers everything, my fault or not. I also
managed to buy these as a 'return', meaning someone bought them and returned
them and CC couldnt sell them as new, so they knocked $40 off and sold them
to me. This way, with the warranty, I wont have to worry about spending more
money on the door speakers, incase they do blow again. Recently I checked
the rear Pioneers 5x7s and you guessed it, they are shot. So once again, I
am going to have to replace them, and will buy them locally from B.B or from
C.C, and buy the additional converage warranty. If I would have gone this
route initially, I would have save alot of money of speakers. The Polks I
now have in the doors are really nice and I think they produce more clear
bass and better overall sound than the Pioneers did. This is just my advice
though. All my preset stations are really country, rock, or 'pop'. I dont
have an amp either. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6