Re: Re: Car Audio Recomendations

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 09:55:34 EST

> Okay, here's the secret NO ONE knows, so don't tell too many people about
> it. all the speaker companies would get EXTREMELY angry with me if this
were
> to leak out on a national level.
>
> THE SECRET TO NOT BLOWING YOUR SPEAKERS IS:
> 1) keep the volume moderate to what you have. When female voices sound
like
> male voices, it's time to admit you don't have a pair of 12s back there
and
> you shuold turn the volume down
>
> 2) There is a lot of distortion coming out of your head unit. If you
REALLY
> want to have your 6.5s just ring a bell in ur head, go buy a nice 4
channel
> amp and screw the head unit's 20x4 watts @ 50% distortion. and get
> something that's 25x4 (just an example) with .08% distortion. Your head
> unit will love you, ur speakers will love you even more!
>
> That's the big secret. Hope it wasn't too much for you to handle...
Sorry
> Kyle. (To me) blowing your speakers OVER AND OVER just seems ignorant.
> Kinda like a guy coming back week after week to replace a clutch because
he
> isn't using it within it's limits.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 year protection plan, but if you can keep
> from blowing your stuff, why not save the extra 40 bucks on the service
plan
> and go buy maybe a new K&N for the motor, so it doesn't get jealous with
the
> sound system?

I cannot justify spending a couple of hundred of dolloars though on an amp.
I did think about it voer and over initially, but I really just want a
simple and good sounding system, nothing loud which and nothing thumpin' :)
Just a good old country boy at heart I guess. Thanks for the input though.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6