Re: RE: Water Pump Update; Still Leaking

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 09:06:46 EST

> thems things are a pain! How badly is it leaking? If it's just a trickle,
> you can usually loosen the clamp-down bolt and move the tube around enough
> to stop the leak (I'm sure you're already tried that though...) Is the
tube
> damaged? You may need to order a new one, although I don't know how
> expensive they are. The stock o-ring does look tiny, you may wanna try
> going to a hardware store and buying a same I.D. O ring, but has a larger
> material diameter...

It is trickling out pretty good. I am going to pick up a new thicker o-ring.
Jon, do I have to use any kind of RTV or sealant on this pipe when
installing it? I just didnt at the time and still dont see how an oring will
seal it up. Should I put a block of wood at the end of the pipe and tap it
down into the pump more? I dont know what else to do, just hoping a new
oring will solve it, which I am not tooooo hopeful it will. Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6