RE: Re: RE: Water Pump Update; Still Leaking

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 11:29:25 EST

you shouldn't need to use RTV Kyle. What I have done in the past when I
didn't have a stock sized Oring, was to get the thicker walled Oring, and
push in as hard as I could while tightening it (the lock bolt) down. The
oring wouldn't seat down in the hole all the way, but it did not leak. Make
sure the pipe isn't galled up or bent in to where water could pass by the o
ring.. good luck!

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-It is trickling out pretty good. I am going to pick up a new
-thicker o-ring.
-Jon, do I have to use any kind of RTV or sealant on this pipe when
-installing it? I just didnt at the time and still dont see how an
-oring will
-seal it up. Should I put a block of wood at the end of the pipe and tap it
-down into the pump more? I dont know what else to do, just hoping a new
-oring will solve it, which I am not tooooo hopeful it will. Thanks,
-Kyle
-93 Dakota 4x4 V6
-
-