Re: BAD News on Timing Chain!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 15:03:41 EST

In a message dated 2/19/01 2:55:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dester223@hotmail.com writes:

> Hm, that really sucks. Which tapered piece (fits on the thread end of the
>
> crank) did you use? I attached a basic puller to my balancer and had a
bit
> big enough where it went OVER the threads. I hope you didn't push into
the
> threads. That would suck. I hope you can tap it. Otherwise, that'd suck
> even more.. Tell us how it goes.
> -Chuong

All I did was was take off the crank bolt, remove the washer, and reinstall
the bolt. The balancer will pass right around the bolt head with no
inteference. The puller pushed on the bolt head, and there was never any
worry of stripping threads.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8