Re: BAD News on Timing Chain!

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:10:42 EST

I just used the only tapered end included in the harmonic balance puller
kit. Now if I had used my head, I could have compared the tapered piece to
the size of the crank bolt and realized that it was going to go into the
threads slightly - I could have prevented it. Hind-sight is 20/20.
Hopefully only the first couple threads are messed up. I'll let everyone
know how it turns out. I've got a new bolt on order -should be in Wednesday
($5.10), and my best friend happens to be a machinist who is supposed to get
me a big tap.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/