Re: Proud of Dodge

From: Steve Owens (sowens01@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:27:21 EST

I feel that Sterling (and therefore Dodge) could have won the race if he
didn't
try passing down low with 19 laps to go. That move blew the draft for
both him and the #1 car (can't remember who it was), allowing the rest of
the pack to make up the 3-4 car lengths lead the two had developed.
If he had waited until lap 10 to try it, they would have had a good 1/2
to 3/4 lap lead on the pack, giving them plenty of cushion to play games.

But that's just MHO.