(no subject)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 19:03:05 EST

<<<The weird part
about this noise is that it only happens when the truck is in
motion, not idling (makes it a real pain to track down, huh?),
and also the noise disapears after the engine has warmed up. I
thought these symptoms were indicative of a noisy fan, but as I
said, it doesn't happen at idle. The fan doesn't disengage at
idle right? From what I've noticed, it generally runs for at a
least a couple minutes when you first start up the truck . . .
right? What could this noise be? My main concern is that
something else is damaged that got missed . . . like the water
pump maybe?????>>>

If it were the water pump, then it would be leaking out the weep hole on the
nose of the pump. One thing you might want to check, as I had this happen on
my 88 Dakota back in high school, get a flashlight and check the motor mounts
with the engine cold. Mine squeaked also and drove me nuts for about 2
months till my Dad walked outside one day and found it in 5 minutes. I had
been hit head on and the bumper went through the a/c condenser, radiator into
the fan and busted the nose of the water pump. I replaced everything I could
think of, but never thought of the motor mounts.

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakado (pronounced Dak-a-do)
69 Dodge Charger