Timing Chain - More News

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 13:31:08 EST

  Well, picked up my new crank bolt at the dealer after work yesterday, and
prayed all the way home that the tap I used earlier had cleaned up the
threads. Sure enough, the bolt fit perfectly. So, I reassembled the rest
of the truck last night, which included the new water pump and the new
120amp alternator.
  Everything went back great. I didn't have any bolts left over, so I
assume that's a good sign.:) Hopefully the water pump won't leak.
  Kyle, the 120amp alternator is a direct bolt in replacement. The mounting
holes are in the exact same place (center to center of bolt holes). The
case is bigger though. Basically the 75amp is a smaller case - longer
brackets, and the 120amp is a bigger case - shorter brackets. The only
thing even near touching are the a/c lines on top, and they're not close.
Besides, I think I remember you saying you don't have a/c. So, go for the
120amp!!
  I'll be refilling all the fluids tonight and firing the truck up. I hope
everything works (fingers crossed). I'll post a message with the final
results!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/