Re: Interesting Earnhardt accident report

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 15:59:44 EST

Well, you're not supposed to be able to be thrown forward, the security in
these cars is excellent , as evidenced by the many, many crashes that racers
walk away from. Earnhardt's belt breaking was such a total fluke... but
your head is still vulnerable to that forward motion, thus the HANS device.
If I were in a car traveling 180 mph I'd want as much armor as possible.
:-)