Re: Interesting Earnhardt accident report

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 15:33:16 EST

Are full-face helmets mandatory, with a grandfather clause like when helmets
were mandated in the NHL (those who were in the NHL before the rule kicked in
were not required to wear them)? Seems to me that without a HANS device,
drivers would want that frontal protection in the event they were thrown
forward.