Re: RE: Let's Talk Batteries

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 11:47:29 EST

> For what purpose do you need more than two posts?

I just like having the extra posts for all my electrical accessories. I use
the main top posts for the main battery cables. For the sides, I bought a
solid brass adapter from Crutchfield and this allows me to use ring style
terminals to hook up accesories and makes a nice a clean installation. My
Champion 4x4 from Sam's has 4 posts, and the side two posts are at the
corners of the battery, so the stock hold down bracket doesnt come close to
them. However, if you look at the Optima 800U battery, the side terminals
are actually really close to the center of the battery and I think it would
interfer with the hold down bracket.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6