RE: Headers & PCM's for 5.9L 4x4

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 18:27:44 EST

Welcome TX,

Mopar headers are what I have on mine. That wouldn't be the first mod I'd
do. You won't see a lot from it unless other things such as intake and
other parts of the exhaust system are changed. Unfortunately, the PCM is
not made for your vehicle. Mopar used to until people used them while
towing and wiped out their pistons. Some have tried the Jet chip with
success. Most 5.9 folks would say no, myself included. Your other option
would be a custom flash for your PCM. It would be done by the same folks
who do the HP PCM's only in this case you'd send your own in, they'd flash
it and send it back to you. Cost is ~$500.

Mike Leach & Company
1443 W Collins Avenue
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 639-5220