RE: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 00:39:53 EST

Will, that is very good advice. I see it day after day at work, people's
cars come in running like crap will NOT pass emission inspection. Low and
behold I'd say a good 60% of those cars are just babied too much, all it
takes is a swift blast around the block a few times and they'll pass
everytime, I am amazed at the amount of carbon that blows out of some of the
cars...

I would like to see you put in a 180 stat to make yourself more comfortable
with the operating temps, and drive that sucka like you stole it once in a
while. I know you want the best for the truck, but windin her up to 5 grand
isn't gonna hurt it... heck, I've got the equivalent of 20k miles of driving
at 5k rpm on my 318 and the cyl walls look mint :)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I understand that I should be "blowing the soot out of it
-regularly" with the way I drive.It even suggests that in the owner's
-manual.

<snip>
-Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
-'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
-http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html
-