Re: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 01:26:13 EST

Bill, I'm glad to see you took the time to look at my concerns.I thought
that I was helping the sludge problem,but apparently not.The coolant
circulation may very well be realted to my driving style.I usually shift at
1800 rpm when I am "Accelerating normally",as in out in traffic.When I am
alone on the road,I frequently find myself shifting at 1200-1300. I'm not
into "getting on it", or accelerating hard.If I wanted to race around and go
fast, I'd just get out one of the race cars and drive the hell out of it.I
know that they are built to take it.All I need my 4.7L to do is to pull my
truck up to speed in a reasonable amount of time.I'll have to drive a new
2wd 4.7L auto/3.92 tomorrow and check the shift points.I may even borrow it
for a few days to see if I can note anything else about it(cooling
charcteristics,power,mileage,etc.).I talked to my good friend that's the
service manager and he told me to just come get one whenever I wanted to do
it. I think that my valve covers are just the result of a poor cating, as
you suggested.I already have the problem documented.Thanks again for your
input,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html