Re: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 08:44:06 EST

Chris, It makes me very happy to see that you enjoy your dakota as much as
you do.I've got my own ways of enjoying mine.Juas as I'm sure 5800 rpms and
a big chirp when you hit 2nd or 3rd is music to your ears,I would love to
see my little odometer read about 250,000 on the orginial
drivetrain.HMMM,interesting theory-I think my Dakota may very well be
depressed.He sure acts like he's pissed off at me.I have gotten really mad
at it before like when I'm out in the middle of the road and it won't take
3rd and then it won't go back into 2nd.I have to come to a dead stop and
start off again.It did this one day and I just let it have it! Almost
5000rpms or something(Sorry,that's pushing really hard for me)and I just
really didn't like the way it sounded or felt.It doesn't sound all that
great and I just felt like I was tearing up something that could be really
nice.Believe me Chris, I like to go fast as much as the next guy.I just
don't see my truck as the vehicle to do it in.If I want to race, I'll get
one of the race cars out and drive the hell out of it.I built 'em to take
it.I've even been known to make a few passes down the local 1/8 mi.
strip.Like I said, I'm glad you enjoy your truck-keep on enjoying it.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html