Re: I think I'm making myself misunderstood here......

From: Nick Shue (nshue@8dot3.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 17:54:22 EST

Now that we've finished our "black and white" discussion, let's talk grey
areas.

There's is a WHOLE world of space between 1800RPMs and beating the hell out
of the truck. When I say you have to drive the truck the way it was meant
to be driven, I'm talking about winding it out to 2500-3000 RPM's when you
shift, and maybe, just maybe, letting it see the 3000's once in awhile. You
even mentioned your uncles truck, which he "runs the 427 at 4000 rpms all
day long". 4000 is a LONG ways from 1800.

Let's be serious here, nobody is telling you to beat the hell out of the
truck, but for God sakes, drive the poor thing. You are once step from just
pushing it around.

--Nick