Re: RE: I think I'm making myself misunderstood here......

From: Y2KDakuda@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:46:25 EST

Will,

I have a 2000 4.7 5speed 355 posi and I now have 33,000 miles on it I have run it down the track many times with slicks and it sees 5K rpms all day long you said yours had no power and if you are below 3K rpms your right take the truck up to around 65MPH and drop it in 3rd and nail it take it up to 85 and shift into 4th and let her pin ya in the seat you will feel the power then. I haven't had much problems with the truck only the Trans and that was a problem my dealer new about and said that they have had many early 4.7s in for the same problem. As for the Temps mine as seen 210 many times too but it is normaly around 190 I remember you replaced your gauges and maybe the temp gauge if off a little.

Chris Lambert
Lowered 00 CC Sport + 4.7 V-8 5 speed 3.55 LSD Z-tube intake, Mobil 1, 180 T-stat, Jet Stage II, PowerSlot Rotors, Flowmaster catback duel tips, Tint, 275/60/15 X4, Street Scene painted Mirrors, Clear Front Lenses, chrome grille and bumpers
1/4 mile 14.98@89.65 before mods