RE: I think I'm making myself misunderstood here......

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 14:25:42 EST

Very well put, Alex. I think that is what most of us are trying to say. I
certainly don't claim to know everything there is to know about automotive
engineering. I can only relate what my experiences have been through 35
years of driving and about 15 different vehicles, both domestic and foreign.
Even if I did know everything, motor vehicles are mechanical beasts for the
most part and about the time you think you have all the answers an anomaly
shows up and like the rest of the people I scratch my head. But back to
driving habits, driving too easy can have as many detrimental effects as
driving too hard. In today's computer age, we can take that a step further.
As our automotive systems get smarter and smarter and artificial
intelligence gets more and more integrated into all these components, your
vehicle is going to act like it thinks you expect it to act. The more miles
you put on it driving it certain ways the more it will try to drive the way
it thinks you like it....so if you shift at 1500-1800 it will come to expect
that. If it never sees 3000 rpm it won't quite know what to do the first
time you decide to hit 3000 rpm. You get my drift? Anyway, as far as Will
goes, I can't argue with his experiences. His truck probably will last 400K
miles but the question is: Did he make his vehicle last for 400k miles or
did he enjoy his vehicle for 400k miles? It is possible to do both, is it
not?

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD