Re: Re: RE: Stock Injector Servicing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:21:11 EST

> I have read that the FMS#19s are rated differently from our OE #19s. They
> are probably putting out a bit more fuel per pulsewidth and would explain
> the 'incredibly strong' sensation that you're experiencing. They might
> also be the reason for your plug conditions. Do you remember what
> your plugs showed when you were using the OE injectors?
>
> I would personally pull the plugs now. See and record their condition.
> Clean the plugs. Put in the OE injectors for awhile and see if you still
> get the same 'incredibly strong sensation'. Then, after about the 250
miles,
> pull the plugs and see what their conditions are and compare to what
> you had recorded.
>
> I know that, when I was testing the FSM#24s, I too had the incredibly
> strong sensation at part throttle but, for my engine setup and operation,
> I bogged terribly when I went to a quick WOT ... too much fuel being
> dumped in.

This is what I was going to do Bob, but I just thought that since my stock
injectors have 130,000+ miles on them, while they are off my truck I should
get them fully cleaned and balanced before I go ahead and swap them back in.
I have never seen the plugs in this condition when using the stock
injectors. I think the FMS#19s have been in for 7,000 miles or so and during
this time I only replaced the Autolites one time, currently on the second
set of plugs, which have about 500 miles on them. Should I have the stock
injectors cleaned/balanced you think and then put them in along with a fresh
set of plugs? I mean Autolite Coppers are only $7 for a set of 6 plugs. I
guess this way I could find out if it is/isnt the FMS injectors causing the
rich running condition. Then again, I would have to dish out $100-$150 to
have the stock injectors cleaned and balance. I just woul rather not put
dirty stock injectors back on my truck. Thanks again Bob, and others.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6