Re: one-legged giddy-up club

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:13:45 EST

I am sorry that you are a peg-leg
I have heard that the Power Trax unit is very easy to install. You do not have to pull the gears out to install and the cost 300-400 Dollars.
The Power Trax unit is a very tight.

Thanks
Matt Tharp
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:46:12 -0800 Michael Hamilton <MHamilton@ehelp.com> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm in the one-legged giddy-up club as I didn't get the factory limited slip
in my Dak.

I have the standard open dif' with 3.55 gears. I have been doing a lot of
snow driving this year (I just learned how to snow board and I'm hooked,
though the way that I do it they should call it a$$ boarding).

Needless to say, I am now wishing for the additional traction at the rear
end that a limited slip would provide. I also figure that as long as I am in
the dif' I might as well go to 4.10 as well. So the question is, am I better
off upgrading to the factory limited slip or should I go with an
aftermarket? If factory then how dangerous would it be for me to try to
junkyard scavenge the factory parts off of a dead Dak? If aftermarket then
who is recommended?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Hamilton
'97 Dakota CC SLT, Silver, 3.9L

P.S. How many DML people do we have in the San Diego area?