Re: RE: R&D Performance Throttle Bodies

From: RDPerform@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 08:01:53 EST

<< Sorry about the health issue, but I think it was over 3 MONTHS
 that people tried to contact you re: 'Where's my core return
 check?' if I remember correctly. >>

3 months seems to be a litttle steep. I was in the process from moving my
business from home to the shop, and then to an office, which really put a
hamper on things. On top of all of that, I was hospitalized for 3 weeks once,
and then it was 1-2 a few months after that. In the future, delays like this
won't happen again as I'm going to have the machine shop working along with
me.

There was one situation where someone wanted their core return but also
wanted a set of my underdrive pulleys. This did take some time to
corrrect... Instead of sending off the $150 core check, I ended up buying a
$230 set of March pulleys and sending them to the customer instead. Like I
said, I tried to make direct amends for those who were peeved.

<< Wasn't your shop
the one that folded up camp without notice while people were
trying to find out where their money went/where's my TB??? >>

No, our shop has been at the same location for 10 years making
molds/aerospace components, etc... it is a tool and die corporation with
millions in machines, and will continue on with or without a simple
automotive job.

<< Other than the tack weld issues on the blades (which were
loose), sure the TB was fine. Appeared good quality. >>

Before the tack weld some did have a little bit of play - but not much. The
tack weld fixed this. I suppose we could hold everything together with
locktite - but I wouldnt gaurantee the hold with the heat of the engine. With
the quality of our welder, we though it would be a nice option to include for
free - and that's what it will be in the future - an option. I would use the
welded unit, IMO.

<< But when/if it happens, people
need to be given a piece of mind that things will continue,
and be resolved... rather than disappearing for months with
no word. >>

Alot of the complaining is coming from our "competition" actually, or direct
supporters of them. They're like sheep. They swear up and down by their
company's TB (which is fine) which took months to get to their door (or
longer) while ours came within 48 hrs no matter how large our workload was.
Our hangup was in the core return as the cores were being shipped to 2
different address' and I was working out of another. Bad managing. Won't
happen again in the future !

ttyl
Patrick