Vibration at 28mph...need help!

From: K. Spence (kspence@intermind.net)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 02:38:37 EST

I have a bad vibration at 28 mph...it happens when the Dak is in drive,
or in N (I can rev the motor and it has no effect on the vibration at
all). I doubt its tire oriented because it "feels" like its coming from
right behind the club cab. My guess is that its the drive shaft, or U
joints or maybe that center bearing gizmo that goes around the front
drive shaft half. It's not an exhaust pipe...it has a definite timed
rattle to it...several "rattles" per second...more than I can
count...(20 + or so?)

Has anyone had to replace any driveshaft parts? u-joints? shaft
"bearing" (or whatever the heck that part is)?
FYI - my Dak is a 2WD 93 318 CC....

Thanks...
Kevin