Re: New Quad Cab on the way!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 10:49:27 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> In article <3A9F1C3C.DED00118@bigfoot.com>, andylevy@bigfoot.com wrote:
>
> > Did you get a stick
> > or auto (that's the one thing you didn't mention).
>
> You didn't read the update to my sig line, did you? :-)
>
> Norah is an automatic driver. I can drive either, but after four years
> of rowing gears in rush hour traffic, the manual is getting kind of
> tiring. But I do prefer to have the extra control off-road, so we'll
> stick with one of each.

Of course I didn't read it, I was too excited. I couldn't remember which of you
was the geargrinder. I suffer from CRS.

> > I'll take those plates off your hands if they'll fit my '99, how much do
> > you want for them, and when/how will we do it? I imagine shipping will
> > be a bit much :)
>
> AFAIK, they'll fit without any problem. I'm not sure how much to charge
> for them. I think we paid about $250 CDN for all three, but that was
> before we put a dent in the xfer case plate. It still fits on the truck, but I
> can't say it's in new condition. We can check out the situation at Jon's
> BBQ, make sure they'll mount up, let you get a look at them in person
> before you decide, etc.

Sounds good to me. Looks like my truck will spend a fair amount of time in the
barn that weekend. That is, if Jon's time allows. We could do the alarm and
cat-back while we've got it on the lift for the plates :)

> > What about the tow hooks? Or did those come on the
> > truck when you got it?
>
> We're going to keep them and see if they'll fit the '01. Even without
> off-roading, I want to have them in case we need to pull any stranded
> motorists out of ditches in winter, for example.

If it turns out they don't fit the QC, can I buy 'em?

-andy