RE: New 53MM Throttlebody

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 10:14:53 EST

I have done my research on the TB's and have the contacts to run flow tests
if required and/or send me the data.

Who cares about 3500rpm and below? How about the general audience on the
DML that drives to and from work on a daily basis. What you want to do with
your truck (driving like you described) is not the average from the DML
audience.

On the TB size, you just answered exactly what i've been saying...."If you
check with Holley, Edelbrock, and Accell, and look at their aftermarket port
injection style F/I systems you will notice that they use 1000+ cfm t-bodies
on engines starting at 350hp."

** Notice that the rating is "STARTING" at 350 **

So what's the factory rating on most of the 5.2/5.9's? Hmmm...add headers,
cat-back, and the overall average mods on the DML and you're still not at
that HP rating. Not without Nitrous, Supercharging, Head Work, Rocker's
(1.7:1), Cam, etc. So...I stand firm on my recommendation/opinion with the
53mm Throttle Body.

I also did re-read my original "Dick Waving" post and it wasn't directed at
Sam or anyone in general. On the what works and what doesn't on my
Supercharged V6...Mark, you really need to read what i've been testing with.

'95 5.2L SLT (Supercharged) - Richard Pyburn (TB's mainly...got two of them
waiting for him)
'97 3.9L (Supercharged) SLT - Mine
'98 5.2L Sport (Normially Aspirated) - Co-Worker
'99 R/T CC (Supercharged) - William Phelps - Also a Co-Worker
'99 R/T CC (Supercharged) - Buddy in CA (i've posted the website on this
already)

As for knowing everything, anyone who does admit to that is sadly mistaken.
I don't admit to that either.

- Bernd